To play Sudoku Online, fill in the grid with the numbers 1 through 9 so that no number repeats in any row, column, or block. Play Sudoku Online
Time Required: 30 minutes
- By default, the program will generate a sudoku puzzle of medium difficulty. If you prefer an easier or more challenging puzzle, choose "Easy" or "Hard" in the drop-down menu next to "Difficulty", then click on the "New Puzzle" button.
- To play, click on any cell where you wish to enter a number and type it in (Drop Pen mode). You can also click on "Pick Pen" - a box will appear and you can select a number from 1 through 9. The selected number will then appear in any cell you click on. Clicking on "Drop Pen" will hide this box and you'll have to type the numbers in manually.
- If you get stuck, click on "Reveal Cell" to find out what number should appear in the current cell. Click on "How am I Doing?" and any solving errors will be highlighted in red. To avoid confusion, only one error is shown at a time.
- If you are stumped, click on "I give Up" for the solution to the puzzle. "Restart this puzzle" erases any numbers that have been entered. "Pause" stops the clock.
- Once you've finished the puzzle, click on "Completed the puzzle" to stop the clock. If solved correctly, a dialog box will appear congratulating you. If not, any solving errors will be highlighted in red.
- Now try your hand at playing Sudoku Online.
- See How to Solve Sudoku Puzzles for basic Sudoku solving strategies.