The Bottom Line
- Easy to piece together, once you get the knack
- No more missing pieces
- Easy to pick up
- Great for travel
- Soft and durable
- Not as challenging as a typical jigsaw puzzle
- Can be frustrating to do as a group.
- Intriguing name but misleading- it's a one-piece jigsaw puzzle
- It's one continuous strand, so you don't have to worry about losing any pieces. Great for travel.
- Made of a soft, flexible material that wears well.
- A double-sided puzzle with a different image on each side for twice the puzzle fun.
- Comes in three difficulty levels: 4 and up, 8 and up, and 12 and up.
- Since all the pieces are attached, pick up is quick and easy.
- Difficulty levels are well-suited to the target age group.
- A good solitary activity, but frustrating to do as a group, as you tend to get in the way of each other.
Guide Review - Pieceless Jigsaw Puzzle
The Pieceless Puzzle™ comes in three difficulty levels: Age 4 and up, 8 and up and 12 and up. For this review, we sampled Tooniverse, a puzzle for the 8+ age group, and Cute Creatures, for children aged 4 and up.
There's a picture on both sides of the puzzle for double the fun. But make sure you follow the instructions on the box and flatten the puzzle before attempting to piece it together or you may end up with a twist somewhere in the strand and you won't be able to complete the puzzle.
The best technique to use for piecing together The Pieceless Puzzle™ is different from that used for a typical jigsaw puzzle. With a regular jigsaw puzzles, first you locate and piece together the borders and work your way towards the inner part of the puzzle, sorting the pieces based on color. With The Pieceless Puzzle™, better results are achieved by piecing it together section by section.
The puzzles were easy to piece together, once you adapt your solving method. At first, we were frustrated by the fact that we couldn't see all the pieces at once as you have no choice but to stack some of them when piecing together the puzzle. But, we soon realized that having a full view of all the pieces wasn't necessary since there's no need to sort them.
Pick up couldn't be easier! All you have to do is shake the puzzle up a bit so it comes apart, then pop it in the box.
All in all, The Pieceless Puzzle™ is easy to do yet satisfying to solve. I recommend this toy as a traveling companion or for a quick puzzle fix when you're pressed for time.