The Bottom Line
- Great whimsical illustration! Every penguin is different.
- Similarity of color scheme makes for a good challenge.
- Uses non-toxic vegetable-based inks
- Environmentally-friendly - made with 90% recycled materials
- Be aware the first time you dump out the pieces - sawdust!
- Colors are repetitive, for more of a challenge
- Every penguin is amusingly different. Great image!
- Oversized pieces are easy to manipulate.
- Made with 90% recycled materials and vegetable-based inks.
- Ideal for a weekend project.
Guide Review - One Hundred Penguins and a Polar Bear Jigsaw Puzzle
Took one adult solver approximately seven hours to complete. Can you find the polar bear hiding in the puzzle? When complete, the puzzle measures 24" x 18". Since the 100 penguins are all black and white with yellow beaks and red feet, many of the pieces look very similar so sorting the pieces based on color scheme doesn't work well with this puzzle. The shape of the individual pieces is probably a better clue for placing them than their color. It's best to piece it together on a large surface where there's plenty of room to turn all the pieces face up.
The image has a lot of repetitive colors, making it more of a challenge to assemble. You need to repeatedky refer to the image on the box when solving this puzzle.
The puzzle image is a whimsical and amusing scene. Every penguin is different! Can you find the polar bear?
The puzzle is made with 90% recycled materials and printed with vegetable-based, non-toxic inks which are safe if ingested.
The manufacturer claims the product is suitable for children aged 10 and up.
This puzzle has great play value at a reasonable price.