To celebrate Canada's national holiday, we offer these free crossword puzzles, word search games and jigsaw puzzles for adults. Readers searching for children's puzzles will find them at Canada Puzzles for Kids.
Canada Crossword PuzzlesIt has been estimated that 50 million Americans solve crossword puzzles at least once in a while. Crosswords benefit the mind by keeping the wits sharp as we age, according to puzzle solvers as well as medical experts. In a 21-year study, researchers found that senior citizens who worked crossword puzzles four days each week saw a 47 percent lower risk of dementia compared to seniors who did them only once a week.
Crossword puzzle fans can observe Canada Day with our patriotically-themed First of July Crossword. As well, you'll find several free crossword games for adults at Canada Crossword Puzzles for Kids. Just scroll down the page a bit to find online and printable crossword games for students at the high school level as well as adults.
Canada Word Search PuzzlesCan you find the hidden words in these seek-a-word puzzles with a Canadian theme? Solvers with poor eyesight will appreciate the extra-large print for easier reading. The puzzles are of medium difficulty and can be played online or printed. These puzzles are of medium difficulty and best-suited to adults. For easier word search games and printable worksheets for children, see Canada Word Search Puzzles for Kids.
- O Canada! - General vocabulary relating to Canada appears in this 28-word word search puzzle.
- Fathers of Confederation - Can you find all the names of the signatories of the Constition Act hidden in the puzzle?
- Canadian Fauna - The names of 28 animals native to Canada need finding in this word search game.
- Famous Canadians - See if you can find the the names of 22 Canadians that have made their mark in the world of entertainment in this word search puzzle.
- Canadian Provinces - Find the names of the provinces and territories which make up the Canadian federation.
Canada Jigsaw PuzzlesThe left side of the brain thinks logically and follows a sequence whereas the right side is creative, intuitive and emotional. When piecing together a jigsaw puzzle, you exercise both parts of the brain. For jigsaw puzzle aficionados, we have several online games depicting the fabulous Canadian scenery to puzzle your way through.
- Chateau Frontenac - The historic Chateau Frontenac Hotel in Quebec City was built by the Canadian Pacific Railroad during the golden era of rail travel.
- Vieux Quebec - Founded by Samuel de Champlain in 1608, Quebec City is one of the oldest cities in North America. This view looks across the historic Lower Town to the St Lawrence River.
- Quebec City Fortifications - Quebec City is the only remaining walled city in North America. Its fortifications were designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1948. Today, these walls are a popular tourist attraction.
- Map of Canada - 42 pcs
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada - 48 pcs
- Canadian Honkers - 80 pcs.
- Vancouver, BC, Canada - 99 pcs
- Banff National Park - 108 pcs
- Moraine Lake, Canada - 108 pcs
- Niagra Falls - 120 pcs
- Alberta National Park - 150 pcs.
- Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal - 160 pcs.
- Pyramid Lake, Jasper - 195 pcs
- Canadian Highlands - 198 pcs.